Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

My Grandfather served in World War II.

My Daddy served two tours in Vietnam.

My Uncle Danny R. Ayers followed my Daddy's example & served in Vietnam as well.

He did not make it home.

As we all know, freedom isn't free at all.

I want to say, "Thank you to all the men & women who have served our country & who are still serving to keep our country safe & free."

And to Danny, you are never forgotten. ♥



"And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today. 'Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA." ~Lee Greenwood

3 comments:

sa061545@bellsouth.net said...

That's beautiful!!! Thanks for doing that - your Dad will love it!

Unknown said...

Thanks to your family for giving so much for others freedom!

Denise said...

I love this post; it's beautiful!
Denise