Today, in the manner of James Lipton, I am hosting an online blog interview, and I am extremely pleased to welcome a very special guest.
No, I'm not interviewing Robert Redford. (But could you please pray about that for me? Thanks!)
I will be asking this special guest a "few" James Lipton type questions, but I changed them up a bit, and added
So now, I would like to introduce you to an amazing woman that I have had the privilege to get to know in this big, blogging world of ours.
Let me start by sharing with you, my first encounter with this incredible blogging woman.
The first time that I met this lovely lady, she was hanging out in her home, and she was just "keeping it real" as some folks like to say.....Click here to take a peek.
The moment that I read her "Okay Let's Get Real!!!" post,
(My mom is now going through the rigorous process of trying to adopt her.)
So ladies and gentlemen (Hi, Shannon), it is with great pleasure that I introduce to you today, Mia.
Or as we bloggers like to call her, Mama Mia.
(Thunderous applause accompanied with a standing ovation!)
Welcome, Mia. I'm honored to have you as a guest on my blog post today.
Mia, since I know that you are a very busy woman, I will get right to the questions.
1. What is your favorite word? I have a lot, but the 1st and best is "heaven," then nostalgia, butter cream, and understand.
2. What is your least favorite word? Boring, (I tell my kids only boring people get bored). Hate and duh are other ones that I can't stand.
3. What makes you laugh out loud? My friend Janice and my brother, I guess that should be "who" makes me laugh out loud.
4. What makes you cry? Thinking of all the people I have lost, and whenever I hear of abuse of any child, elderly person or animal.
5. What is your favorite "country" word or phrase? "Independent as a hog on ice," and "I'm fixin' to go to town."
6. What sound or noise do you love? My favorite music (The Beatles), and when someone says "I love you."
7. What sound or noise do you hate? I hate when I hear someone blaspheme God.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I would like to be an author of children's books.
9. What profession would you not like to attempt? I would not like being a nurse.
10. What profession have you attempted before that not many people know about? I was a hairdresser.
11. What is your favorite memory of being a mother? I worried over bringing my youngest two home to homeschool them. Several months after we had begun my youngest daughter and I were reading a great book together outside in the porch swing. I was just soaking in the moment and thinking how wonderful it was. My daughter looked up at me and said "You're thinking the same thing I am aren't you Mom? This homeschool thing is the best!!"
12. What is your most embarrassing memory of being a mother? I was a first time Mom, and I took my 4 month old daughter to get her picture made. She was dressed all in white and pink. The day before we had begun baby food spinach....well as soon as I set her on the picture stand, she got red faced, did a little push, and then filled her pants, shoes, socks and surroundings with poop!!! I felt like a terrible mother!
13. What does your husband do that gets on your nerves? He never, ever just sneezes once, if he starts sneezing it goes on FOREVER!
14. What does your husband do for you that makes your heart melt? He always makes sure everyone else's comfort, needs, and wants are taken care of before himself. Once in winter he ironed my socks so that when I put them on they would be warm and toasty!
15. If you could tell a complete stranger about what God has done in your life, what would you say? He has saved me from myself, given me purpose, amazing gifts (my children), and a future.
16. What is your favorite Bible verse and why? Revelation 21:4. This verse has been a huge comfort to me, but also a hope and something to look forward to.
17. Since we know that Heaven exists, what do you long to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome! Wait right here while I go get your Mom.
Mia, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule as a homeschooling, blogging wife, and mother of three to be with us today and answer all of these questions. I am honored to have had you as my very first guest on "Inside The
(More thunderous applause accompanied with a standing ovation!)
And to all you other bloggers out there, if you would like to
I hope that you will tune in again soon for another post of "Inside The