Thursday, February 21, 2008

Baking Mishaps

My cousin Katy and I were talking about our pitiful attempts at making our children homemade birthday cakes. She shared a very funny story with me about a little cooking mishap that happened while she was messing up trying to bake her daughter's cake.

It must run in our family.

My children have always been very sweet with me when it comes to their birthday cakes. They knew the drill. They fully understood that something can taste good even if it looks disgusting a little different. It doesn't hurt a thing for the sprinkles to roll off the cake when the candles are being blown out.




When I got this birthday picture printed(see above), I couldn't believe how lopsided the cake was. It was at that very moment that I realized all good things must come to an end. To be honest, the humiliation of making so many scary unusual looking cakes just became more than I could bear. So, I decided right then and there to retire from making birthday cakes. Permanently.

Cookies are much less humiliating work much better for me.



1 comment:

Amy said...

melissa has left a new comment on your post "Baking Mishaps":

well we can add something else to the list of things we have in common. i have wasted more food on "trying" something new that i could've fed an entire village. while we're in our boat we'll learn how to cook fab fish lol:)