Friday, March 21, 2008

The Ultimate Sacrifice


The sacrifice that Christ made for my sins is unimaginable to me in it's horror.
I am not deserving of His mercy and goodness, but even if I was the only person God ever put on this earth, Christ still would have died on the cross for just me.

His love for me knows no bounds.
I am humbled every time I think about His mercy.
I do not deserve the love and forgiveness that He bestows on me, but He offers it to me anyway!

Salvation is not something that I can earn. It is a gift. The only thing I can do is choose to accept the gift, and choose to live a life that honors the Gift-Giver.

Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.


"Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all."-Issac Watts



You did it all for me
After You counted the cost
You took my shame, my blame
On my cross


I am humbled by Your love for me, Lord.

If you would like to learn more about salvation through Jesus Christ, Pastor Paul Sheppard has a sermon called The Miracle of Salvation. Let his words about God and His love for you sink deep into your heart. God loves you!

4 comments:

Mia said...

I will always remember the day my dh and I went to see "The Passion" I was so overwhelmed and drained. To see,even in just a movie,the most unbearable pain and sacrifice. How could I not accept that kind of love?
Oh what a wonderful Savior have I!!!
Thanks Amy : )
I hope you and your precious family have a great Easter weekend

bryan said...

hi amy, thanks for stopping by my project365.

pictures disappearing, you say? i have not had any issues. who are you using to host your photos? i am using photobucket and am very happy with them. you aren't shuffling your photos after you post an entry, are you? maybe putting them into different albums? i know that can break links. shoot me an email at bgmdesign at austin dot rr dot com and we'll see if we can't figure it out.

Grace Parsons said...

oh Amy, I had to stop watching the video, I have tears on my cheeks and I feel so unworthy to live another day. I never saw that movie but Pete did, I think I will go rent it but I've only seen a couple of minutes and I can't breathe. But oh how amazing to know how much my God loves me and was beaten, whipped and broken all for me. I love you!

Dee said...

I am always humbled when I think of his sacfifice on my behalf. As my gift to him, I try to live so that he need not have suffered more than he had to for me. But I'm only human.