Friday, May 16, 2008

♥ Happy Anniversary, Shannon! ♥

May 18th is our seventeenth wedding anniversary, and since I will be gone on this special day, I wanted to post this before I leave.

One of my favorite stories that Shannon tells is the story of our wedding day.

Every year at our anniversary I make ask him to tell me this story.

He says when he was standing at the front of the church waiting on me to walk down the aisle, he was so nervous. Then the doors of the sanctuary were opened and he saw me. Sigh
He said I looked so beautiful to him anyway. He was trying to just take the moment in.......
Then everybody in the sanctuary stood up, and he couldn't see me anymore.
He just wanted everybody to sit down so that he could just gaze upon my beauty look at me........Sigh

I love when he tells me that story.

Of course, now he probably sees me way more than he wants to some days. (Just kidding!)

I thank God every day of my life for my marriage and my family.
My cup runneth over.

Happy Anniversary, Shannon!

♥I love you!♥

Song of Solomon 6:3
I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.








I also want to say that May 18th is my daddy's birthday!

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

I love you too!:)



20 comments:

sa061545@bellsouth.net said...

That was so sweet!!! I'm so happy for you and Shannon that you have such a wonderful marriage!!!

Dad thanks you for the birthday wishes! We are both going to miss you terribly!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Mom & Dad :)

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary!
Happy Birthday to Dad!

Paula V said...

Happy Anniversary to you! I assume that is your mom, dad, and brother in the last photo. You are blessed with a wonderful family and beautiful marriage. Doesn't it make it all the more precious knowing the trials you've not only endured but overcome through Christ?!!!

Bon voyage!
Love and miss ya chic!!!
In Him,
Paula

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Happy Anniversary!!! And have a blessed trip-enjoy!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Mia said...

Happy Anniversary you two! 17 years is quite an accomplishment! Marriage is just the best blessing....most of the time! LOL!!You both look so in love just the way God meant for it to be.
ONE MORE DAY!!!

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Shannon! I love to see wedding pictures of back in the day. What a beautiful bride you were.
My very favorite part of any wedding is watching the groom's face when he sees his bride. I always want to see the bride, but I always look at the groom's face first. That's precious what Shannon said (says) to you about that moment.
Have a blessed day & a peaceful day as you continue to pack and prepare.
Love,
Valerie

Gina said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love your wedding photos. You both look so happy. :)

Tina said...

I LOVE the close, fun relationship that you and Shannon have. Everyone so be as blessed and you and ME!! I have a great marriage, too!

Happy Anniversary!!

My Blessings From Above said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding pictures, beautiful! You have a beautiful family, Amy!

We will be married 24 years on May 19th! :)

Jenny said...

You too look so in love! I'm always excited to see couples that are still that way!

Have a great weekend!
Jen

Tracey said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Denise said...

Amy, I just love your blog and I read it every day. You are so gifted and are full of charm and wit. Thank you for my smiles.
Denise McIlwain

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

So much you'll miss. So much you'll gain. God will bless the difference between.

Sail well...sail with Him.

peace~elaine

Chris and Wanda said...

I've always loved those Princess Di pictures. . .what it isn't Princess Di?! It you?! NO WAY! You look great in those pics that you always do and like I said before, the two of you haven't changed a bit.

Congrats and many blessed wishes to you! Love you, Wanda

Laura said...

Happy 18! We just celebrated our anniversary yesterday! What a wonderful tradition to hear the story of your special day through your husband's eyes. how sweet and romantic...

Unknown said...

AWWWW...how wonderful! Happy Anniversary!

That is such a sweet story. I would make him tell me that every year, too! hehehe

Rebecca

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Awwww. Happy anniversary to you and happy b-day to your daddy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Happy Anniversary Shannon and Amy. And happy birthday to dad too.

Tracy said...

I don't blame you one bit for wanting to hear that story every year...precious! Happy Anniversary! (& Happy Birthday to your Dad!)

Blessings,
Tracy = )

Dee said...

Sigh, I love weddings! If I could have any other job in the world, it would be a wedding planner. I am such a sucker for weddings!