Saturday, May 10, 2008

I've Been Awarded And Tagged!

Several online friends, Tracey, Kysha, and Mia tagged me for this meme.

But before I show you the rules and let you read about more of the craziness in my life, I wanted to tell you about an award I was given by my very special blogging buddy, Mia.



I have never received a blogging award before, so I'm not exactly sure how to act or what to do. I definitely feel under dressed sitting here at the computer in my pajamas though, so let me get dressed up and fix my hair. Then I will be ready to receive my award.

I'll be right back.......




That's better!

As some of you reading this may remember, Mia was my first guest on Inside The Actor's Blogger's Studio. She is so special to me, so the fact that she wanted to honor me with this award has truly touched me.

Even though I have stalked her repeatedly, and at times she was probably thisclose to filing a restraining order against me, she still became my friend.

So Mia, thank you for this blogging award, my friend! My cup runneth over. :)

Now, I obviously can't do the rest of this post all dressed up, so just let me change back into my teaching casual clothes, and we will get this lesson meme started.

I'll be right back......




That's better!

Now class my fellow bloggers, here are the rules of the game (post these first).

(1) Each player answers questions about themselves.

(2) At the end of the post, tag 5 people by posting their names.

(3) Go to their site/blog and leave a comment telling them that they have been Tagged. Invite them to your site/blog so they can read the Tagged post.

(4) Let the person who tagged you know when you have completed your Tagged post.

Questions:

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

I don't even remember what we had for dinner last night, so this should be interesting.....

Let me think.....

Oh, that's right, I was a stay at home, homeschooling mom of two boys.

What a difference ten years makes, huh?
;)

2. What are 5 things on your "To Do" list?

a. Pack for my trip.
b. Clean my house.
c. Finish up the school year with the boys.
d. Prepare Shannon for twenty-four fun filled days of single parenting.
e. Love up my family before I leave.


3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy?

a. Chocolate Chip Cookies
b. Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
c. Pomegranates (Thank you, Wanda, for showing me how to eat them.)
d. Cheese Dip and Chips
e. Meatballs (Don't judge, meatballs are considered a snack in Crazyville.)


4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire.

I would obviously immediately hire live-in help and send the children off soap opera style to a boarding school in Switzerland......

I'm just kidding; I wouldn't need live-in help if the children were off at a boarding school.

I have NO idea how to answer that question. After the year that we have had (financially speaking), my mind cannot comprehend numbers that contain more than two zeros at the end....

I guess I would just go with Forrest Gump's idea and mow yards for free.
~ "And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin' it so much, I cut that grass for free."


5. Name some places where you have lived.

I have only lived in two places: Memphis, Tennessee and (now) Crazyville.:)

6. Name some bad habits you have.

This question does not apply to me...I have no bad habits, just ask Shannon and he will tell you...I am perfect.

Seriously.

I am.

Well, maybe I have seven a few flaws.

a. I am easily distracted.
b. I don't clean my house as often as Shannon would like I should.
c. I am very clumsy.
d. I am very messy; if there's a spill in the house, I probably spilled it.
e. I tend to not be very organized at all.
f. I squeeze the toothpaste tube from the middle much to Shannon's horror.
g. I pick at my split-ends a lot.


7. Name some jobs you have had.

Before becoming a glamorous stay at home wife and mother of two, I had a few odd jobs.

a. I worked at a grocery store (where I got in trouble for not knowing what asparagus was).

b. I worked at a daycare and took care of one and two year olds (I loved them).

c. I was a babysitter for absolutely every single child born in Memphis in the late 1980's.

d. I worked for a mortgage company for about fifteen minutes a couple of months. (Basically I called and interrupted families, while they were eating their dinner, to inform them that they needed to pay their mortgage on time. Needless to say, they all looooved hearing from me. I just seem to have a way with people like that.)

e.And last but definitely not least I worked for a group of internal medicine doctors. I was a phlebotomist, or as some of the patients lovingly referred to me- a "blood-sucker". I was also a lab assistant at this same internal medicine group, dealing mainly with pee and poop disgusting materials. (Working with all of the blood and pee and poop disgusting materials at this job was terrific training for motherhood.)


8. Name those whom you are tagging.

Yvette
Jamie
Laura
Valerie
Tricia


13 comments:

sa061545@bellsouth.net said...

That was HILARIOUS!!!!! I guess I'm going to have to break down and see that Jamie Foxx movie/tv whatever! He's so funny!
I laughed out loud!!!!!
Love,
MOM :)

valerie said...

I don't think I can top yours! :)
I also got this same tag yesterday from Nancy. Funny... I told her I'd do it yesterday evening after I got home from work. My son came down for dinner and we had a graduation to attend and this morning I (should be)am up and at 'em getting ready for a fun-filled family reunion (husband's side) at the lake. My hubby has run an errand and probably expects that I'll be almost ready when he gets back. (not...because I HAD to check my blog!) But, thanks for tagging me and I will get after this very soon. Mine is pretty boring, but I'll be happy to do it and it will be fun.
Have a great weekend & Happy Mother's Day!
Love,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

So you were the one who interrupted my dinner to remind us of our mortgage payment? LOL! And yes, meatballs is not a snack. Amy, you are such a nut! And we are going to have to perhaps seek therapy for your blog clepto issues. ha!

Mia said...

That was such a great read my dear!!!! All your posts are great though : )I'll just bet you were the sweetest "blood sucker" on staff....

Gina said...

It was fun learning a little more about you. I am very clumsy too. I have been known to walk into stationary objects and trip over absolutely nothing except my own feet. Glad to know I am in good company. :)

Gina

Tina said...

You did so great and I learned even more about you! :)
Love everything you write...and even the funny pictures!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Good to learn a little more about you!

Happy Mother's Day. Hey...I notice that you're in and around Memphis. Have you ever run across one of my favorite all time people and preacher, Dr. Maxie Dunnam? Just a long shot but thought I would ask.

peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! It was great finding out more about you and thanks for the tag. I'll get started on mine right away....may take a while to find something interesting, but I'll let you know as soon as I've finished.

I just love reading your blog - you are so funny, and uplifting; your spirit radiates through the computer just by reading your words.

I may go into withdrawals when you leave for your trip. Maybe I'll use that time to go read all of the posts you wrote BEFORE I became your stalker. tee-hee-hee!

I know I'm wrong for this but I can't help it....this is one of my favorite sayings whenever I preach...I mean talk too long about my opinions. (Imagine that, me with opinions...HA!!) Anyway, here it goes: "I'm Maxie Dunnam and these are my perceptions."

Okay, well....I'll just go on and purchase that ticket to my hand-basket now....lol!

Have a great day! And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Amy! Just read your profile. I think we are new good friends.
Happy Mother's Day!

Laura said...

Hey, Amy! You are so funny and I really enjoyed reading your responses to this meme! I promise to work on mine as soon as I am done being pampered and spoiled for mother's day tomorrow!
:)Laura

My Blessings From Above said...

Ya know Amy, I just love you!! Seriously, I do! You make my day!
Have a super fantastic Mother's Day!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's me again. Just wanted to let you know that I posted my meme tag today on the babbling blog. Thanks for tagging me to play along!

See you soon!
Yvette

Jamie said...

Thanks for tagging me. That was fun, I got mine posted.
Jamie