Friday, September 12, 2008

Six Random Things About Myself (Tag)

I was tagged by Smile! It's Becky! to do this "Six Random Things About Myself" tag.

I love doing tags, so I happily agreed. Although, I do want to thank all of you who read this in advance for putting up with me and all of my seemingly endless array of blogging nonsense.

Okay, so here goes........

1. I drink too many Diet Cokes each day. There, I said it. I admitted it in front of tens of people on the Internet. I have a Diet Coke problem.



I need to seek help. I probably won't though, but I should.

I'm just saying.

2. I have an unhealthy love of disaster type movies. I love a good disaster film, whether it be about a flood, sharks, volcanoes, tornadoes, shipwrecks, not to mention perfect storms......



Sigh.

3. And since we are on the subject of Mark Wahlberg fishermen, I also love the Discovery Channel show Deadliest Catch. On Tuesday nights, Shannon usually comes home from work, and he will ask me, "What are we watching on television tonight?" I always look at him and grin as I say, "I don't know about you, but I am going fishing with Sig and my boys." ;)



I do love my fishermen, and Shannon too, of course.;)

4. I still can't paint my toenails without painting my entire toe.



Pitiful.

5. I am desperately hoping that I will get Tina's a new Vera Bradley purse in "Frankly Scarlet" for Christmas.



(*hint*hint*)

6. I won a book the other night at our annual homeschool meeting. Don't be haters though; it's not as glamorous as it sounds. I won it, because I am officially a homeschooling dinosaur. I (along with another dinosaur mom) won the book because I have been homeschooling for twelve years now. Which is pretty much three times as long as the other mothers (and fathers) at the meeting.

Sigh.

Here is the book.



So far, it has been a very good read. And please, don't get me wrong, I am happy that I won anything something, but did they have to make me feel so old just to win it?



Sigh.

Now, I promise that is all of the nonsense about me that I will torture you sweet people with today. If you are still with me at this point, I thank you once again for putting up with me.

Here are the rules of this tag.

Six Random Things about Myself
Rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.

2. Post the rules to your blog.

3. Write 6 random things about yourself.

4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.

5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog.

6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.


So, without further ado, I am tagging these ladies:

Dianne

Kysha

Tracey

Shelly

Julie

Mari

Tag, you ladies are now it! (Only if you want to though; no pressure, just fun!)

24 comments:

sa061545@bellsouth.net said...

You tickle me about watching your fishing shows! And we both have the first addiction, the diet Coke one! That was cute! :)
Mom

sa061545@bellsouth.net said...

You tickle me about watching your fishing shows! And we both have the first addiction, the diet Coke one! That was cute! :)
Mom

Weeksie50 said...

Congrats on winning the award. I am sorry they made you feel like an Amyosuaras.

Ha, you and your fishing shows crack me up.. I will admit I love diaster shows too and I don't know why..

I love regular coke. But I haven't had any coke since May, sigh. Did you know one regular pop has 12 teaspoons of sugar and that is equal to 3 donuts. Ugh. So stick with your diet coke. Its kinder to your hips! See aren't I a sweetie? Trying to make you feel better about your addiction because it could be worse..lol. Does that make me an enabler?

Thanks for the laugh. Your painted toes cracked me up!

Wow- sorry for the novel on your comments page and thanks for playing along. It was so fun learning more about you.

Becky

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love your blog! I found your comment on another blog! How wonderful! Love the pictures!

Your tidbits of info on you are so cute! I have a Diet Mt. Dew problem..I need and intervention! I love the painted nails...look like mine!

Happy Fall!
Sandy Toes

Whitney said...

You are too funny! :) I love the toes thing; I laughed out out. And what cute feet you have!!

And I have the SAME addiction for Diet Coke. I can't live without it. It is my life line.

Dee said...

My FIL has the same diet coke problem as you, perhpas I should start a support group.

I will do your tag, I'll post it next week. It'll take that long to think of 6 random things.

Ok, when I come and visit, we'll kick all the boys out and you and me and Phillipa can just curl up and have a disaster movie fest, ok? Sounds like a plan.

The Laundress said...

Just so you know....Eliza Jane was considered old at 25!

Gina said...

I'm so proud of you for publicly admitting your Diet Coke problem. :)I had to drink more than normal because I didn't get a Monster (gasp!!).

I love the pic of Eliza Jane. Don't worry, you don't look anything like her. :) Have a great day!

God bless,
Gina

Mia said...

Okay I KNOW you have like the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" its one of my favorites!! Oh and I saw someone with your purse the other day at Wal-Mart. I almost said "HEY you what are you doing with Amy's purse!!!!"
Hope you all have a great weekend!

Kristen said...

You crack me up! And... you do not look like Eliza Jane Wilder! LOL

I am not a diet coke drinker... a diet anything drinker... I have to have soda fully loaded with sugar!!!

I love learning about my blogging sisters.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I am a diet coke addict too! Everyday, and I especially crave the ones from the fountain at the Handy Mart down the road. I have my refill cup and most days they don't charge my husband when I send him out to get me one!

I need help. I know it, but I'm not ready to concede this addiciton, not yet.

Have a blessed and beautiful time with your family this weekend.

peace~elaine

Liz Harrell said...

Dont feel bad about the toes. Me too. That's why I usually wear light pink so no one will notice!

Unknown said...

Those feet of yours, just please wear socks when I come to visit.

Tina said...

I can paint my toes better than you (sung in my most childish sing-song voice!)

LOL!

I am with you on the Deadliest Catch...but why don't all of those guys have all their teeth?? I'm in it for the 'voice behind the scenes' wink wink...

Ah, the purse...keep your hands to yourself sista! Someday you'll get your own, I just know it!

Have a great weekend, friend!

Tracey said...

I love the picture of Ms. Wilder from Little House on the Praire!!! Thanks I'll post later this weekend.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I love these kind of posts....you are too funny!

I have the same toe problem so now I leave it to the professionals....what a cute VB purse....hope the hint was taken!

Lisa

Paula V said...

I learned three new things about you. I did not know you are a diet coke phenatic. I can't drink caffeine much past 10 am. I knew about your purse and feet!!!

You took me back in time with that pic of Ms. Wilder. Of course, I am a huge fan of Little House but I liked her the least...even less than Nellie. I've probably seen every episode 10 times. Chris and I use to walk it every night at 8pm. It was our down time show to get tired and ready for bed.

I'm going to watch Monk and Psych now....love 'em and the laughs.
Luv2U,
Paula

Smiling Shelly said...

u know I love learning all these fun facts about other bloggers - helps me to feel more normal ;)

I feel certain that Santa has taken a peak or two at your blog and that he is well aware of the purse you want him to get you for being such a good girl this year.

Thanks for tagging me...I'll let you know as soon as I get around to posting. Gotto go think about six random things that everyone doesn't already know (AND that are SAFE to tell without fear of being carted off)

Jamie said...

I'm with you on the diet coke addiction.

Karma said...

Love the picture of toes!!! Who CAN paint their toenails properly?!?!

NO ONE! That's who.... Ha.

Have a fabbo day.

p.s. my dad is addicted to Pepsi. No worries.

Nicole said...

What fun info to know about you! Hope you get your purse for Christmas!

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Nicole

Tracey said...

I just posted the six random things that you tagged me for!!! Thanks! What fun!

LynnSC said...

Ughhhh!! Another person that watches that Deadliest Catch show. My husband watches in all the time. LOL! That is my sign to just go to bed...

I loved hearing the random things.

That toenail polish all over the toes thing is exactly why I pay that nice little man at the nail shop to do my toes. Totally worth it!!
Lynn

My Blessings From Above said...

I just had to comment about The Deadliest Catch! I love that show! Oh I am not sure who I like more? Capt Sig or Capt. Johnathan! Sigh...........
Love,
Michele