Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Special Surprise!

During my time at the hospital with my dad, I was so touched by my friends that reached out to me and my family. Some friends were with me at the hospital, some called to check on us daily, and some prayed for us from afar.

One evening when Shannon stopped by to check on daddy and me, he came bearing a package. It had frog stickers on it, so I knew immediately that it must be from a bloggy friend. And it was! It was from Tracey at the Grace Comes By Hearing blog. I was so surprised and tickled. When I first opened the package up, I noticed that it was full of cotton balls.

Shiver.



Since the envelope was full of cotton balls, I had Shannon pull out the other contents.......

There was a sweet card, some gum, a chocolate bar, some frog iron-ons, and last, but not least, there was a little kit to assemble a frog puppet.

Shiver.

Tracey had also sent a separate card that played music; I loved it!. (I wish you could have all seen Allie's reaction to that. It was so funny! She simply does not care for the musical cards.) :)

Tracey, if you are reading this, thank you so much for taking the time to put this package together for me. You made Shannon and me laugh out loud with all of the thought that you put into this gift. What a special surprise!

What you did means so much to me and my family; you are such a blessing!

“Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness.” ~Richard Bach

I will be at my parent's house each day this week, so that I can just keep an eye on my dad while my mom is at work and help him with any thing he may need. If you don't see me around Blog Land as often as you normally do, don't worry, I will be back around to blog stalking everyone on a regular basis very soon.;)

Once again, I want to thank each and every one of you for the sweet comments and prayers for my family. You are all such a special group of people.

My cup runneth over.

Philippians 1:4
"In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy..."


15 comments:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I hope your dad continues to recover well, and I'll be praying for you this week. Have a hoppy day!

sa061545@bellsouth.net said...

Hey sweet girl! What wonderful blogging friends you have acquired through this journey! I know that it has blessed you in so many ways and has now trickled down to the rest of us as well! Thanks, ladies, for all of your prayers for my husband! (And hey, Amy makes a much better nurse than me -he told her he was going to fire me! :)
Love you!
MOM :)

Dee said...

Hey friend,

I'm glad dad is getting better all the time, and that you are in a position to tend to him. You know I would take a shift, if only I was there....this darned ocean between us is starting to become bothersome.

Thanks for updating us, hope the rest of the road to recovery is a smooth one.

HUGS!

Jenny said...

I'm glad that your Dad is recovering and you are able to stay with him.

The frog thing cracks me up because everytime I see a frog I think of you! And for some reason I have seen several lately.

Have a great day!
Jen

Anonymous said...

You have such wonderful friends....if I had your address, I could send you all SORTS of froggy stuff ( I collect them ) & a case of cotton balls :) LOL!!!!

Sharon said...

Great to hear that he is doing better, But what I think is so awesome too is that you are up and about helping him, spending quality time with him as well. Thats great!!.
Sending blessings to you all
Sharon

Tracey said...

I'm glad it made you laugh....God Bless! Say a special hello to you Dad for me too!

Lindsey said...

I just found your blog and I'm loving it!

Liz Harrell said...

Hi Amy. I hope your dad's recovery goes well. We'll all miss you, please give him a big hug from me!

Weeksie50 said...

That is so sweet of your friend..
How come you don't like frogs?
I think they are so cute.. : )

Karma said...

we are all here for you! do all of your bloggy buddies live close by?

Smiling Shelly said...

How funny! That Tracey sounds like my kind of girl. HA! I want to see that Frog puppet when you get it put together. I'm just sayin'.

I am still holding you and your family in my prayers and I want to take a minute to remind you that you are still not healed yourself so please don't over do it trying to help him and lose sight of your own recovery efforts. I don't want you to have any more set backs - I'm enjoying having you around for Movies with Mom on the weekends.

Laura said...

How sweet! Nothing like a cheer package to, well, cheer! I"m still praying for you and your family. Enjoy these precious moments with mom and dad.

Tina said...

So thoughtful!! Lovely little happies can brighten any day!! :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Hey friend...sorry I've been out of the loop on your dad. It's hitting pretty close to home today. My dad had a heart cath at noon and they had to put in a stint for one blockage. Not as severe as your father by any stretch; still and yet, it tugs at the heart, does it not?

I'm so glad for all of the support you've received in blogland. Truly, some of God's best saints reside here.

Love u and will be praying for a full recovery of your father.

peace, to you, dear precious Amy.

~elaine