Friday, September 5, 2008

Birthday Blessings And Bloggy Buddies!

I told you all about my special day with Yvette and Tina. (If you missed that post, you can click here to read about it.)

In that post, I told you all that I would show you the birthday gifts that they brought for me, as well as tell you about my Tina's Vera Bradley purse in "Frankly Scarlet" that I want very badly.

Sigh.

So without further ado, here are the pictures of my special gifts.
I love, love, love pretty gift bags, so, of course, I took a picture of these.



Aren't they pretty?

Yvette, knowing how much I dislike them, loves to tease me with frogs. So, she gave me this stuffed frog that belonged to her grandmother who recently passed away. (I thought that was so sweet.)



I will have to add this frog to my collection around the house that reminds me to "Fully Rely on God."



Yvette also gave me the romantic movie P.S. I Love You along with the tissues that I will need for the uncontrollable sobbing that she said I would most likely do.



Sigh.

These wonderful gifts were also accompanied by a card that throws me a big loud birthday kiss! I loved it! ;)

Shannon and I were supposed to go see P.S. I Love You at the movies around Christmas, but life got in the way, and we never made it to the theater, so I was thrilled that she bought this movie for me. I love me some romance!;)

Tina's gifts were also absolutely perfect. Well, I mean if you don't mention the cotton balls.



(Shiver.)



I'm kidding; I loved that she thought of doing that to tease me. She knows about my "issues" with cotton balls, so it was hysterical to see a bag of them along with the other gifts.

(Shiver.)

Tina is obviously (like Yvette) a girl after my own heart. She brought me the Mamma Mia soundtrack, along with a Starbucks gift card.



Sigh.

I had just been tempted to buy that soundtrack at Target on the very same day, so imagine my surprise when I opened her present.

Sigh.

Last but not least, here is a picture of my Tina's Very Bradley purse in "Frankly Scarlet."



Sigh.

Since she seemed to know exactly what I would want for my birthday (not counting the cotton balls of course), I just felt certain when I saw Tina walk up with my that purse, that she brought that especially for me. But we got so carried away with talking and giggling all night, that I think she accidentally took it home with her instead of leaving it with me.

So Tina, don't feel bad about taking off with my Vera Bradley purse in "Frankly Scarlet." Now that you know my address, you can just pop it in the mail to me.

I'm just saying is all.;)

Even though I loved all of the gifts that Yvette and Tina brought me for my birthday, the greatest gift that they gave me was the gift of their friendship. I was so touched that they both took time away from their families and drove all the way out to Crazyville just to make my evening special. There is no better gift than that, my bloggy buddies.

~ Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends. ~



Tina and Yvette, thank you both for making me feel so special. You are two of the loveliest ladies that I have ever had the privilege to meet. You are both such a blessing to me.

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward

One last thing before I go, yesterday, my son brought in the mail, and I had a postcard from my sweet blogging buddy, Valerie. She recently went to the "Siesta Fiesta" in San Antonio, Texas, with her daughter Kristen. And while she was there, she bought this card to send me.



And this is what she said.



Sigh.

Isn't she the sweetest thing? Valerie, thank you for thinking of me and for your prayers. You are a doll, and I'm just crazy about you. Thank you so much for your kindness to me.

Sigh.

James 1:17
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."


17 comments:

Tracey said...

Amy...not sure how to ask this, but I'd love to send you a card of letter by snail mail sometime but wasn't sure how to ask or what the etiquette is about getting your address....anyway...God Bless!

Weeksie50 said...

Oh- What fun gifts. I would love to recieve the exact same things.. you have sweet sweet friends!

valerie said...

What a pleasant surprise to see the postcard on your comment today!
Thank you for the sweet, kind words.

Your friends are very special. Those are some nice gifts.
I can't wait to hear how you liked the movie. I haven't seen it either. If I need Kleenex, I'm waiting until my hubby goes deer hunting and watching it alone. ;)

Have a great day & a great weekend!
Love,
Valerie

Tina said...

What fun!! I love that you were such a great sport about the cotton balls...next time, I promise I'll bring meatballs!

I am so glad that we were busy laughing and talking...guess I did good distracting you from ripped off my purse! I LOVE that it was just about the first thing you said to me when I got to your house...really funny.

Shannon, please hop out like a frog to buy her a purse, if for no other occasion, buy it for 'Good Hair Day', m'k?

I hope you have a great, great shopping trip this weekend to get your purse, Amy.

Have a good day!!
Tina

Anonymous said...

Awe great gifts (love the quirkiness)

PS I LOVE YOU is ranked up there (for me) with The Notebook!
GREAT MOVIE

Jamie said...

How incredibly sweet!

Kristen said...

How sweet... great gifts.

PS... I Love You, boy did I cry! You will go through those tissues!

Gina said...

What great gifts you got!! Tina and Yvette seem like very special ladies.

You can use that Starbucks card at our next meeting. :)

Have a wonderful day!!
God bles,
Gina

Mia said...

Okay I KNOW it hasn't escaped your attention that through all of the trials you have been going through, God has blessed you with INCREDIBLE friends!! How wonderful of Him to know you would need them right now!
YOU are very special!!
Blessings
Have a great weekend!

Whitney said...

The Momma Mia soundtrack is FABULOUS, huh?! I looove it. Praise the Lord for wonderful friends! :)

Dee said...

Those are such thoughtful gifts! As you say, its a pity Tina took your purse home.

You really do have fantastic friends and I'm glad to be counted as one of them. Just you wait, one day I'll be waltzing up your drive to surprise you too.

Um, I'll just need your address (you know like in a totally non stalker kind of way, of course)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

You have the best friends! Thanks for sharing your treasures with us. I was just at Starbucks yesterday and got the pumpkin spice frappe thingy. Ummmmm...

Have a wonderful weekend.

peace~elaine

Nicole said...

Love your new blog look! Very cute! The Lord has blessed you with many blogging friends. I am so happy for you!

Have a great weekend!

Nicole

Unknown said...

Amy, it's always fun to see and read things like this. Out of the tens of people that read your blog, it's even better when they come to see you I'm sure.

Karma said...

I love love love the new post, Amy! It suits this blog perfectly!

Smiling Shelly said...

Hi Amy!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new look!! How fabulous!
PS I Love You is a wonderful movie and you will need every one of those tissues - good thinking, Yvette!!

I'm so glad that you girls had such a great time - and that no one had any bladder control issues. ;)

You must be one special lady for these ladies to come visit you in crazyville. Go ahead and add me to your stalkers list too because I am POSITIVE that you and I are going to become great friends. :)

Reading through the comments, I would just like to note that I LOVE Mia's comment - just as much as I'm sure you did. :)

Take care!
SS

much2ponder said...

Looks like you had a very nice birthday. Happy Birthday Amy! I just celebrated mine too, but I stopped counting last year and I have decided that once we are all in heaven we will all be 38. Old enough to have a bit of wisdom, but young enough to enjoy what we know.