Thursday, September 4, 2008

Inside The Actor's Blogger's Studio

Welcome back to another episode of "Inside The Actor's Blogger's Studio."
Today, I have another very special guest to interview.



I'm sorry, where was I?....

Oh yes, my special guest.

No, sillies, it's not Mark Wahlberg. I mean, I would LOVE it to be Mark Wahlberg, but Shannon won't let me interview him.

I'm just saying is all.

Today I am going to introduce you all to an amazing lady. This lady used to work with my mom. I can't tell you how many times over the years that my mom shared funny stories with me about this lady. My mom said every time she was around her that she would be giggling.

When I asked her why she started blogging, this is what she said: "You inspired me to start my blog. Sandra forwarded your blog to me and I started reading it and I was instantly hooked. Your cleverness and wonderful sense of humor just made me fall in love with the blog and with you. People seem to think I'm pretty funny so I thought maybe I could do this too and write about things in my life and get to know some people, amuse them a bit, and have online "pen pals". So I tried it. Sandra told me about blogspot and I went there and it was so easy to start a blog. I was so amazed by this "new" fun thing to do. So far, I'm having a blast."

(I, of course, was so touched by that answer. Sigh.)

She is a big time, hard core, Lucille Ball fanatic. Several days ago she did a beautiful birthday tribute post to Lucy; you can click here to take a peek.
She not only loves Lucy, she also loves the Lord, and she adores her son Brandon.

So without further ado, it is with great pleasure that I introduce all of you to Denise!

(Standing ovation, with thunderous applause!)

Denise, thank you so much for being my guest today. I am really thankful for the opportunity to get to know you a little better, so I will get right to the questions.

1. What is your favorite word?

My favorite word has always been girdle. Not for any reason other than it is fun to say - just say it aloud a few times . . . . girdle - girdle - girdle. Funny, huh? I like how it feels to say it. Weird, I know.

2. What is your least favorite word?

My least favorite word would have to be fat. It's hurtful, negative, and is used to express a "less-than-desirable" opinion.

3. What makes you laugh out loud?

My friend, Ray. He is the funniest person I know. He has a pretty thick southern/country accent, but not in an unintelligent way. He eats lunch at the same table I do every day at work. He's very quick-witted and comes up with the most hilarious things to say when you least expect it. We usually get to cutting up and playing off each other to make everyone else crack up. He and I think a lot alike but he's much quicker than I am. Sometimes I can keep up with with him but not always. It's a great pleasure to have him as a friend.

4. What makes you cry?

Everything! Weddings, beautiful music, funerals, sad movies, heartwarming movies, some commercials, hearing about someone else's troubles or loss, when I'm angry, when someone hurts my feelings, etc., etc., etc. I'm a crybaby in every sense of the word.

5. What is your favorite "country" word or phrase?

Git 'r dun. Just kidding. Tump over is one of the best ones. "You kids better not go so high or that swingset'll tump over!"

6. What sound or noise do you love?

I love to hear the sound of glass wind chimes. They are rare anymore but when I hear them, I'm instantly reminded of my granny and being at her house when I was little. She had these glass chimes hanging in a window in the back room of the house. I played back there a lot and can still hear the beautiful tinkling of those glass chimes.

7. What sound or noise do you hate?

I hate that bug sound you hear in the evenings, back in the distance. I believe it's cicadas. It reminds me of being a kid and again, at my granny's. She would go to bed really early, sometimes before dark, and back then there were only 3 TV channels and usually nothing on them. I would be so lonely and would go sit on the porch sometimes and that sound was always out there, ringing in my ears, getting louder and louder with every minute I sat.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

I've always wanted to be a mascot for sports teams. I think it would just be so much fun to dress up in those costumes and run around on the sidelines and in the stands, acting totally crazy, with no inhibitions whatsoever, and make people laugh.

9. What profession would you not like to attempt?
Funeral Director

10. What profession have you attempted before that not many people know about?

I used to make Betta fish vases and sell them. I don't know if you'd call it a profession but I thought it was kind of artistic. I made my own bowls and such.

11. What is your favorite memory of being a mother?

Rocking Brandon to sleep at night. I'd rock and sing to him every night with just his nightlight on. It was a very sweet, wonderful time for me.

12. What is your most embarrassing memory of being a mother?

We went to the beauty shop one day for me to get a haircut. Brandon was about 3 or 4 and while I was in the barber chair, he was sitting in one of the guest chairs right behind me. A woman came in and sat down a few seats over from Brandon. He started scooting down one chair at a time until he was sitting next to this woman and he starting talking to her. He said hi, and she said hi back. Then he proceeded to tell her what his name was and that I was his mother and he told her what my first and last name was. The woman wasn't saying much but she was smiling a lot so I could tell she thought he was cute. Then he said, "What is that big thing on your chin?" All I could do was gasp at the moment. This woman had a huge dark mole on her chin and Brandon was curious. The woman thought it was funny and laughed, but I was mortified.

13. What does your son do that gets on your nerves?

He never knows what is going on at school. Picture day comes and goes and he looks like a hobo in his pictures because he "didn't know they were being made that day". He never knows when yearbooks are on sale so we've not had one in two years. He has no idea where to buy school t-shirts or car magnets. Uuuggghhh!

14. What does your son do for you that makes your heart melt?

He always tells me he loves me after a phone conversation or when one of us leaves the house.

15. If you could tell a complete stranger about what God has done in your life, what would you say?

He always provides for Brandon and me. Learning to live on one income has been so tough, and I still haven't mastered it. I have been in some very serious binds and have always managed to find a way to continue on. There is no way in the world I could have made it without God's grace and love for me. He's provided a home with my mother and step-dad for over a year when we had to move out of our apartment. He's provided a free vehicle for me through a good friend when my transmission went out on my car and I couldn't have it fixed. He's provided money when I needed it but didn't expect it. God is so good! His is always faithful, even when I'm not.

16. What is your favorite Bible verse and why?

Jeremiah 29:13 - "And ye shall seek me and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."
This verse is a promise from God, and it offers such comfort and hope
.

17. Since we know that Heaven exists, what do you long to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

Well done, Denise. Right this way.

Well like you hope to hear the Lord say to you one day, "Well done, Denise!" Thank you for being my very special guest today and for answering all of these interview questions. And just let me say you were very quick in "Gittin' 'r dun!" I hope Maman'nem enjoy reading the answers to your questions as much as we did.;) (Just kidding!)

(Another standing ovation, with thunderous applause!)

If you would like to check out more of Denise (which I highly recommend) you can find her at her blog called "Denise's Place." Stop by and show her some bloggy love; her blog posts always put a smile on my face.

That's all for today. Stay tuned for more interviews in the future; you may be my next guest.:)

And with any luck, Mark Wahlberg and Robert Redford may stop by too. (A girl can dream, can't she?)

11 comments:

sa061545@bellsouth.net said...

That was great!! I could write a book on the fun that I had working with that crazy girl, Denise! We used to eat lunch together with a few other people and we referred to ourselves as "the lunch bunch!" MANY times we disrupted the entire cafeteria howling about something funny that was said at our table! GEE, I miss those days and I so miss working with Denise!
She loved her Granny and she used to talk about her referring to her bra as her "bazeer." One of the funniest times was when our group did Batman at work for the United Way and Denise was the Penguin. She had on a tuxedo and a high silk hat and a nose of course - but the funniest part was the FLIPPERS!!!! After our portion of the skit was done, we went to the other building (and it had rained the nigh before) to see what the others had done in their groups. Denise used those flippers of course, splashing in the rain puddles! We all just HOWLED! She is just so much fun to be around and I love her!!! Your interview was good today and started my day with laughter! Good work, baby girl and Denise! LOVE YA'LL BOTH!
Mom :)

Mia said...

I like Denise even more now,if that's possible! What a great gal!

valerie said...

What a nice interview with Denise.
I did go over to her blog and she does sound like an amazing person.
Thanks for always commenting on my blog. I look forward to it... you are one of my most faithful ones to comment.
Your blog is one of the first I check in the mornings. It's always so much fun and also uplifting.
You have a zest for life! I love it!
Have a blessed day, Amy.
Love,
Valerie

My Blessings From Above said...

What a great interview! Denise sounds like a very fun gal!
Michele

Gina said...

Great interview!! I enjoy Denise's blog too. She always puts a smile on my face.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Frogs and birthday celebrations and Denise...

I cannot even begin to keep up with your pace for posts. Where do you find the time? Aren't you home schooling?

I'm sorry if I don't get here as often as I would like. Blogging is exacting a toll on me, and I've cut back on my time on the computer. I always love getting here, though, because you have a way of ministering to my heart through laughter and smiles.

How are you feeling, Amy? I hope you are well on the mend.

I'll check out Denise's blog sometime today.

Blessings and peace~elaine

Dee said...

Heya, what a nice interview and I liked her blog too.

You are so clever to get us all to know each other like this, that way we can expand our bloggy buddy community.

Thanks friend, love and blessings.

Unknown said...

Amy I think Denise needs to meet Sherrie and they could stay up 24/7 talking Lucy and watching Lucy.

Karma said...

oh my oh my gosh! that was one distracting picture!

Whitney said...

Sounds like a fun lady!!!

Tina said...

Great job, Denise!!

girdle girdle girdle! I hope I don't ever TUMP over while wearing a girdle...I think that would hurt!

I dig you, Denise!! Glad to have met you, friend!
Tina