Sunday, September 28, 2008

Movies, And Bathrooms, And Kid Rock, Oh My!

With all of my back recovery nonsense, I have not been out of my house to have any fun since I returned from my trip to the Mediterranean.

Needless to say, I really wanted to get out and do something fun, even if it was just for a little bit.

So, when my sweet bloggy buddy, Shelly, called and asked me if I would like to join her and her mom to go to lunch and a movie, I shouted said, "Yes!"

I met Shelly and her mom at Crazyville's McAlister's Deli for lunch.



I had never been there before, so I wasn't sure at first what to order, but it did not take me long to figure out what I wanted. Once I saw that the words chicken and pesto were available on the same sandwich, I was sold. It was delicious!



The only problem that I had with the sandwich was trying to get all of the pesto off of my teeth when I was finished eating. (But don't worry, Shelly taught me the swishing of the Diet Coke technique, which please let me say, worked beautifully. So when we left the restaurant, my teeth were mostly pesto free.)

The movie that we went to see was The Women. I loved it! I laughed through the entire movie.



And just let me say, " I love, love, loved Meg Ryan's hair."

If you have read this blog even once before, then chances are that you already know I have a few bathroom related issues. Specifically public bathroom related issues.
So, it will be no surprise to you when I tell you that I had Shelly take some pictures in what has to be one of the most pitiful public restroom situations that I have found myself in since I was in Europe.

There are several sets of restrooms in the movie theater in Crazyville, but somehow, we managed to go into the restroom that was in horrific not in the best condition.

This particular restroom has three stalls.

The first stall was completely "Out of Order."



The second stall was completely missing a lock on the door. (I had to hold the door so Shelly's mom could use the bathroom.)



And the third stall's lock was being held onto to the door by what appeared to be some sort of florescent green bread ties.



You just cannot make stuff like this up, and what is really strange, is that this theater is located in a very nice part of Crazyville.

Well, after all of our bathroom and movie nonsense were over, Shelly's mom took our picture sitting together in the theater lobby. I do love that Shelly.



After sucking in our stomachs and having our picture made together, Shelly spotted someone something that she thought I might like standing in the lobby.

It was a BIG cardboard picture of Kid Rock. (I had just confessed about my little crush on him and his singing voice to Shelly during the previews before the movie.)

Don't judge.

Before you start throwing tomatoes at me, I didn't say that I agreed with his lifestyle, personal choices, or anything else like that; I just simply said that I appreciate his singing voice.



I'm just saying is all.

26 comments:

Smiling Shelly said...

What a fun day we had. It was very interesting to learn of your secret crush on the Kid....I too am posting about the movie on Movies With Mom (of course) but I think you will be surprised to hear my opinion...I'm just sayin :)

Tracey said...

I was about to disown you if you hadn't said the only thing you liked about Kid Rock was his voice....for me that isn't even worth it...but I'll let you slide....;-)

Dee said...

Lokks like so much fun, and while we are exposed to a lot of US stuff here, I haven't heard much about kid rock other than that he was recently divorced from pam anderson. Can't say I've heard his music, so I have no opinion either way.

I'm glad you got to go out and have some good fun, you deserve it!

My Blessings From Above said...

Ok Amy, I jus knew we were long lost sisters! I love Kid Rock! I love his new song my dh and I argued that the opening rif was Warren Zevon's Ware Wolves of London. Of course I was right! :)
Of course now I have that his new song running though my head. Oh well got rid of Queen for awhile!
Love,
Michele

Tracey said...

Amy knowing how much you LOVE Allie...you have got to read THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE by David Wroblewski!!! Don't read the inside flap...it gives away too much!!! Hope you enjoy it!

valerie said...

You deserved to get out and enjoy yourself. You've had a rough time of it lately.

That bathroom story cracked me up. I mean, one messed up stall is one thing, but all three. Crazy!

Our town is getting a McAlisters. I've eaten there before but it's been a while. Your sandwich looked pretty darn good.

I'll have to check out the movie.
The last one I saw was Batman with my hubby. I'm in a mood for a good chick flick.

Glad you had fun!
Love,
Val

Paula V said...

What a wonderful blessing. You are blessed to have such nice bloggy friend...well now "real" friend close to you.

I had considered seeing The Women but I was thinking there was divorce, adultery, etc. in there so I was unsure it would make me feel. Divorce being so close to home.

I'm not a pesto fan so you can have all of mine!

Love,
Paula

Mia said...

I agree with Valeria (and I don't even know her!)You do deserve to go out and have some fun!! And it looks like you did! Oh those bloggers...taking pics in a public bathroom!! LOL!
Kid Rock huh?...well I'll stay with Kurt Russell thank you!

Mia said...

ooops Valerie

Tina said...

Leave it to you girls to find the 'best' worst bathroom in Crazyville, how funny!!

Looks like great fun...even if you do like Kid Rock! :) LOL

Gina said...

I'm glad you were able to get out and have some fun....you deserve it! :)

God bless,
Gina

Anonymous said...

I'm just 'blogging' around the place and when I do I like to say "Hello". "Hello"... Your blog is really sweet and I am loving the daisy cursor!!! I looked at your holiday pics - how beautiful... my dream holiday... I'm looking forward to seeing that film - I don't mind Meg Ryan's films. What a lovely way to enjoy your Sunday afternoon...

Whitney said...

Sure does look like a fun day with a fun friend! I love how you take pictures of everything. I am the same way and often get strange stares from passer-bys. I just assume..."they must not have a blog". ;)

Laura said...

I"m so glad you had a fun girls night out! You have certainly earned it, my friend! But, I think you could have fun no matter where you are. Have camera, will blog, right! Doesn't it give you new eyes to see the world this way?

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you got to get out a bit and have some fun! Love the pictures!

Unknown said...

Glad you had some fun outside of the house (well except for the bathrooms which were disgraceful if you ask me!)! I love McAllisters. I don't think we have one here but we almost always go when we visit family in Mississippi. I have thought about seeing "The Women". I'll need to look at the reviews, Christian and other and make a decision.

I can so forgive you for Kid Rock. We all have our issues :) And I say that with so much love, don't cha know!

So glad to see you enjoying yourself. Smooches my dear!

Mari

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Hula's guilty pleasure #19...Kid Rock. I understand, and I'm here for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh I want to see that movie! Wished we lived in the same state!!!

I like his voice too...not too cute in my opinion, but nice "manly" voice..


I also gave you an award. Check it out...

http://www.knowledgehouseacademy.com/2008/09/blog-award-for-me.html

Gwendolyn said...

Hello! I'm just popping in to say that I enjoyed your blog...and I can relate to anyone who has public restroom issues. Ugh.

Karma said...

i love how you always have pictures to go with the post! i think i shall watch that movie now!

Amy in TX said...

Hey, Amy! Glad you're feeling better and getting out of the house! I just love "girl time." Your secret confession is so hilarious! Don't we all have a crush on somebody??

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Meeting bloggy buddies is always a treat!!

What a wonderful day...lunch and a movie.....I was cracking up at the bathrooms...I didn't know about your obsession...too funny!

Love the photo of you and Kid!!!

Lisa

Weeksie50 said...

I am glad you had a fun girls night out.. I am loving your pictures!

janjanmom said...

KID ROCK??? I just threw up a little bit. However, I still love you!!

I think it is kinda sad how women's bathrooms used to always be relied upon to be clean but in the last 10-12 years that is soooooo not the case.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of Tracy! I want to come to Crazyville! Looks like you had fun. How is your father doing?

Tricia said...

I so want to see that movie!! Glad to hear that you gave it good ratings!! Your family is in my prayers....lots of love!!