Thursday, September 11, 2008

More Of Our Posing Nonsense Followed By Food

After our a fun filled day spent in Barcelona, Spain, Melissa and I were once again very excited to get all dressed up for dinner.

On this particular night, Melissa fixed my hair into this fabulous updo!



I looooooved it sooooooo much! And I still cannot get over the fact that she managed to get all of my hair up and into this position using only three, count them three bobby pins!

She is a hair styling genius!

I'm just saying.

Since my hair was looking so lovely, I decided to put on Shannon's favorite black dress. He loves when I wear this dress. He calls it my "Hug Getting Dress," mainly because he hugs me A LOT when I wear it.

Sigh.



So, I made sure Melissa took twenty a few pictures of me, you know, in an effort to get more hugs when I returned home.



As we were taking twenty the pictures for Shannon, we would have to stop to let people walk by. (This, of course, happened every night.) But on this particular night, one of the people that walked by was a young foreign cutie patootie. I don't know where he was from, but his accent was lovely.

Sigh.

Anyway, as we saw him trying to walk by, he suddenly stopped, like he was going to wait for us to finish taking the picture. But he, of course, had not met Melissa or me, so he had no idea how long he would be waiting. So we both motioned for him to go ahead and walk passed us. So he started walking, but instead of passing by, he came up right beside me, put his arm around me, and smiled for the camera.

Like this......



Then after the picture was taken, he looked at Melissa and me and said (with the most adorable accent), "I just couldn't resist myself!"

Sigh.

This moment, my bloggy buddies, was the highlight of my Mediterranean travels.

Sigh.

He absolutely made my year with those sweet words. I should probably explain to you why this moment was so important to me.

Several places that we visited in the Mediterranean, people thought that I was Melissa's mother.

Sigh. (*sniff-sniff*)

Now, don't misunderstand me, I'm flattered that anyone would think I resemble Melissa, obviously, but her mother! Seeing as I am only eight years older than her, it was a little upsetting to me, not to mention my self-esteem.

Anyway, that is why I loved what he said. It made the rest of the trip being thought of as Melissa's mother a little easier to bear.

For all I knew, he could have had a Mrs. Robinson fetish, but I didn't care. He made my year.

Shannon, of course, thought it was funny, especially since I was wearing the "Hug Getting Dress." I just looked at him and said, "What can I say?....The dress just has that effect on men....even in the Mediterranean." ;)

So, enough about me, now it was Melissa's turn to get photographed, and just let me say, " Doesn't my daughter look lovely?" ;)



Sigh.

Well after all of the posing and adorable accent nonsense, it was time to eat!

This night for my Starter, I chose some kind of chicken dish. It was yummy!
(I just want to apologize for the blurry picture; I guess I was still distracted by thoughts of an adorable foreign cutie saying, "I just couldn't resist myself!")

Sigh.



My Main Course selection was also some form of chicken with noodles and an Alfredo mushroom type sauce.



It was delicious! And I ate every single bite of it.

Don't judge.

The dessert that Melissa and I both chose was an Espresso pie.
It was sooooooo gooooood!



And yes, I ate every single bite of it too!

Don't judge.

After dinner, our servers did a little song and dance routine; it was so much fun!

Here is a picture I snapped of Ioan doing what looks like his best Ricky Ricardo imitation.



Our servers Ioan and Gusti were so wonderful; they just always made us smile.



Unfortunately, for Melissa and me, this was not how the night ended.

Neither one of us could sleep the entire night.

Literally.

We did not sleep at all!

It wasn't until the next day that it dawned on us what the problem was.......



Just a word of caution, if you ever go on a cruise, please listen to me people!

Do Not Eat Espresso Pie Before Going To Bed!

I'm just saying is all.

23 comments:

sa061545@bellsouth.net said...

You looked so GORGEOUS in your black "huggy" dress! I guess that cutie reminded you of Jack's friend on the Titanic! :)
I'll bet that espresso pie was very good - too bad it kept you up all night!
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! :)
Love, Mom :)

Dee said...

I'm afraid I can't relate to the cafine part, but I can relate to the not sleeping part. Lets face it, not sleeping is not sleeping, no matter what the reason. I'm sure you and Melissa managed to make the most it, telling ghost stories and such.

All the food you photographed looks divine, especially that chicken and linguine.

I must say, as a fellow recipricant of you look old comments, I would have been over the moon too. Of course it didn't hurt that he was so cute.

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, I just love your travel pictures. It looks like you ladies had so much stinkin' fun.

You were absolutely stunning in your little black dress. I loved how the stranger wanted to have his picture made with you. That is too cute.

Your hugging dress, put me in the mind of the traveling pants. Maybe you ought to share it with a few of your friends... you know the ones that haven't been hugged in awhile. Maybe it will work the magic for them as well..

Nah, it's probably just you. : ]
Fun post, thanks for sharing.

Becky

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Too funny! I totally get the hottie thing. Somewhere in a photo album is a picture of me in front of a Mexican hotel with a hot hotel doorman named Jose who is posing with his arm around me. I love that picture.

Whitney said...

Wow - looks like a fabulous day. The pie looks incredible.

I would love to hear more about that book. I can't wait for your post on it! :)

Gina said...

I think you both look marvelous in these photos. I can't believe people thought Melissa was your daughter. How rude!!!! I think you look like sisters. :) Thanks for the heads up on the espresso pie, it looks like something I would order.

God bless,
Gina

Unknown said...

Love love love the updo. How CUTE!
I don't blame you about the cutie patootie. As we get older, it's nice to be appreciated, especially by a younger cuter guy. But just for a moment :)

Kristen said...

Yes... I too think you and Melissa look like sisters! AND... you look gorgeous in that dress. Love the hair too!!!

You are beautiful to Him and to us!

Paula V said...

Naah, no way you could pass for her sister. That head shot of you two together is the proof in the puddin'. Sisters, cousins, but not a parental generation gap. :-)

It's lunch time and I could snarf up all that there yummy food!

Love ya,
PP

Rick said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Do you think Melissa could do something with my hair? (Maybe a bit more of a challenge.)

Mia said...

Every girl needs a little black dress!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm SO caffeine sensitive. I woulda been up all night too! Dr Pepper even does that to me...WOO HOO! LOL

That is SUCH a self esteem booster!!! "I just couldn't resist". CUTE! :)

Amy in TX said...

What a fabulous story!! We've only commented on each other's blog once, so I popped over here to see what you were up to, and what an awesome read. :D Loved the pics, too. Enjoy your travels!

Nicole said...

That is crazy that people thought Melissa was your daughter! I love your HUG getting dress. Very nice! You look gorgeous! What a fun trip and nice gentleman!

Love,
Nicole

Tracey said...

Love the posing...what fun...love the dessert....chocolate anything is for me...love the guy dancing in the puffy shirt!

Karma said...

I am so jealous of your good times! That hair do is FABULOUS, those stairs were MEGA-SHINY, that man was ADORABLE, and you two look FLAWLESS!

Why can't everyone be as lovely as you two?

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

How fun! And I loved all the pix..only a true blogger takes pictures of her food!

Smiling Shelly said...

Yep! You Am A Honey in your get a hug dress....and I know when you got home your Am A Honey gave you LOTS of Hugs to make up for lost time ;)

PS. You do NOT look like her daughter.

Laura said...

You crack me up. It looks like Shannon isn't the only one who would like to hug you a lot in that black dress! I have a feeling you could post about this trip for decades and we still would only be getting half of the story! It looks like you had so much fun!
Have a great evening, my crazy friend!

Smiling Shelly said...

Ok! Note to self: Re-read your comments before you press the publish button.

Of course, I meant to say that you do NOT look like her mother. I think it goes without saying that you don't look like her daughter either ;)

Jamie said...

Love the posing...you look beautiful.

Espresso pie...the caffenine would keep me up too, I'd have to eat that for breakfast.

Chris and Wanda said...

Hi Amy,

Paloma said that you looked so pretty in your picture with the black dress and that she remembered Mr. Salmon and Daniel. I was so happy she remembered them; it's been a while. I hope you're feeling well. We've sold the house and will close on Sept. 26. We are in our apt. for a year, at least, but we are glad to be done with it all finally.

Love you and miss you,

Wanda

Tina said...

I love it!

I love the hair.

I love the dress.

I love the food.

And I think I love just about any foreign-accented guy...sigh!